October 4, 2006

Tee-Storm!



I'm super amped about finally having my sewing machine set up. It's been nearly a month and half since Keith and I moved in with my dad and it seems that our things are finally finding homes. Of course, the Singer is set up on the dining room table for the time being...

Last week I bought these two awesome books on reconstructing vintage t-shirts and I'm dying to make a project!

Tease features designs by various members of the Austin Craft Mafia and offers up ideas ranging from recycled t-shirt woven rugs to sushi inspired eye masks. It's really fun and each project pattern is complete with a difficulty level and icons denoting supplies needed. You should definitely check it out.

Generation T is also really cool. To be honest, it was an afterthought: I had the first book in my basket on Amazon, and the second was offered as a reduced rate package. I figured, what the hey!? And I'm so glad I did. It's brilliant. There are endless pattern ideas for revamping old t-shirts and most patterns even come with a variation or two. I've already attacked numerous tees with my Fiskars. Of course, some of those attempts were made late at night, after a few drinks, so they haven't all turned out wonderfully.

I'll try to post a few pics of finished projects in my sewing section once I have some time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...