October 23, 2006

Busy Week

All last week I worked on projects from my new T-shirt recycling book. I made a nifty pair of legwarmers and a skirt. Who knew I had it in me? In all honesty, these are the most recent clothes I've sewn on the machine since I made this hippie shirt in high school. The skirt, especially, came out awesome. Let's see...

I also finished knitting a pair of really soft mohair legwarmers for my friend, Laura. It was my first project that involved increases, so there are a few blotchy parts, but I'm hoping she won't notice. With all these legwarmers I felt like doing something a bit different, so I started a pair of armwarmers. Can you tell I'm anticipating a cold winter? They're coming along okay so far, and I even left some live stitches to put in a thumb gusset later on. I'm doing them in a really textured off-white wool that has little course pieces of straw-like fiber. I'm super psyched!

To round out the weekend, I watched "The Puffy Chair." Spectacular movie. Anyone who's ever been on a road trip (or been in love) should see it. It has an amazing soundtrack to boot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...